Difference between Babar Azam and Virat Kohli
Babar Azam and Virat Kohli are both world-class batsmen and leaders of their respective national cricket teams. However, there are some differences between them:
- Age: Babar Azam was born on October 15, 1994, while Virat Kohli was born on November 5, 1988. This makes Kohli about six years older than Babar.
- Playing Style: Both batsmen are known for their classy, elegant stroke play, but they have different styles. Babar is known for his technical finesse and timing, while Kohli is known for his aggressive, dynamic batting and his ability to score quickly.
- Batting Records: While both players have impressive batting records, Kohli has played more matches and has scored more runs in all formats of the game. Kohli currently holds the record for the fastest player to reach 10,000 runs in One Day Internationals (ODIs), achieving the feat in just 205 innings. Babar, on the other hand, is the fastest player to score 13 ODI centuries.
- Captaincy: Both players are captains of their respective teams, but Kohli has been captain of the Indian team for a longer period of time and has achieved more success as a captain, including leading India to the top of the ICC Test rankings.
In summary, while both players are exceptional cricketers, Kohli has been more successful overall due to his experience, aggressive batting style, and achievements as a captain. However, Babar Azam is a young and talented player who has the potential to achieve great things in the future.
Here is a comparison of some of the key statistics of Babar Azam and Virat Kohli in international cricket:
- Batting Average:
- Babar Azam: 55.55 (Tests), 55.94 (ODIs), 50.72 (T20Is)
- Virat Kohli: 52.37 (Tests), 59.14 (ODIs), 53.94 (T20Is)
- Total Runs:
- Babar Azam: 2,874 (Tests), 7,495 (ODIs), 1,777 (T20Is)
- Virat Kohli: 7,772 (Tests), 12,169 (ODIs), 3,159 (T20Is)
- Babar Azam: 7 (Tests), 13 (ODIs), 1 (T20Is)
- Virat Kohli: 27 (Tests), 43 (ODIs), 0 (T20Is)
- High Score:
- Babar Azam: 185* (Tests), 210* (ODIs), 122* (T20Is)
- Virat Kohli: 254* (Tests), 183 (ODIs), 94 (T20Is)
- Strike Rate:
- Babar Azam: 44.50 (Tests), 88.94 (ODIs), 129.70 (T20Is)
- Virat Kohli: 57.43 (Tests), 93.25 (ODIs), 138.25 (T20Is)
While Kohli has played more matches and scored more runs, Babar Azam has a higher average in all three formats of the game. Both players have a similar strike rate in Tests, but Kohli has a better strike rate in ODIs and T20Is. Kohli also has a significantly higher number of centuries in international cricket, while Babar Azam has a higher T20I strike rate.
It’s worth noting that statistics only provide a partial picture of a player’s overall performance, and there are many other factors to consider when evaluating their skills and contributions to the game.